Subject: Re: Modeler 3.5
From: [email-masked] (Paul Secunde)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 10:45:49 -0500 (EDT)

> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone else had trouble getting the Solid Drill tool to work properly?
> I've been trying to do the LW tutorial on creating a bell with hearts
> embossed on it. While I can create the objects OK, when I put the heart
> shape as a background in the same layer as the bell and solid drill with
> stencil, the modler seems to be working at the drilling ops but at the end
> creates no new surfaces for me to work with. I just have the original bells
> polygons and no hearts! Any help would be appreciated as I'm still on my
> 'Learners' with LW.
>
> Regards
> Daniel Dacey
this is a procedure you will find yourself using many times, it's worth
learning.  some things to check would be: your statement that the heart and
bell are in the same layer, the drill object must be in a background layer
while the target bell is in a foreground layer. check that the extruded heart 
intersects with the bell (examine top view). are you sure that nothing was
'drilled'? the heart will not appear 'embossed' until you smooth-shift the
heart surface into the bell. on that note, be sure that you are setting the
heart surface name, the smooth shift will need this name to work properly.
hope this helps.
paul
internet: [email-masked]    |